SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Maintenance Management Software Program

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  AjariBonten 
#1 ·
Has anyone discovered a good, reasonably priced boat maintenance management software program. I've researched a few but there all over $300. I did try ShipShape, which ws a good demo, however, when I tried to by the full version it was no longer available. Any ideas?

#2 ·
i use excel.
all the best,
robert gainer

#4 ·
You could use a basic contact management program to do much of the same as a boat management specific program. It would allow you to schedule and track maintenance requirements, costs and such, while not requiring much in the way of programming skills or setup.

#5 ·
If you have Microsoft Access, you might be able to use that. It is a database program, but is very customizable. I'm no expert by any stretch, but with a little free time and the internet, you can do quite a lot. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if there are free templates for it floating around the net.

The other option is to use a non boat specific program. There are tons for automobiles and if they allow any customization, I imagine you could alter them for boat use. Here is one I found at download.com:

http://www.download.com/Auto-Maintenance-Pro/3000-2056_4-10533350.html?tag=lst-2

Good luck and let us know if you find anything useful.

#6 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.