SailNet Community - View Single Post - PS News
Thread: PS News
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Peter and Carol,

As a fellow PSC owner, I am very sorry to hear of the difficulties you experienced with warranty issues on your boat. The former MD, Don Kohlmann, departed the company three or so years ago when some new owners took over. It sounds like your warranty claim difficulties coincide with his departure and their arrival. Many owners experienced a serious decline in customer service at that same time. Not surprisingly, it was under those new owners that the company was eventually forced into bankruptcy and subsequently auctioned. You are absoluteley right about the importance of doing due diligence prior to placing an order on a new boat -- and I commend you for taking your bad experience and trying to help others by sharing what you learned.

Unfortunately, I do not see any point in flying to California to demand satisfaction. The company that was there is GONE. All the ASSETS (but not the liabilities) were sold at bankruptcy auction, and subsequently moved to North Carolina, where different owners have incorporated anew with the hope of reviving the brand. Whether you have any further legal recourse for your warranty claims is a question for an attorney. But I'm fairly confident that the new owners have no financial obligation to you and that your claims should go to the bankruptcy trustee. Note how little they got for the assets at auction -- I doubt there's much to share given the number of creditors.

That is not to say that the new owners might not be sympathetic to your predicament.

Best of luck to you, and if you would like to confer with a broader group of Pacific Seacraft owners including many PSC 40 owners, I would encourage you to join Sailnet's PSC e-mail list-serve, found here:

http://list.sailnet.net/read/?forum=pacificseacraft

- John Pollard

Last edited by JohnRPollard; 11-20-2007 at 01:11 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook