SailNet Community - View Single Post - Wnat To Come Over To Sail For A Week??
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007
ASA and PSIA Instructor

sailingfool will become famous soon enough
Warm weather, fancy boats, pretty girls, probably lots of wine...sounds like a program for a bunch of girlie sailors. With a big crew on a hi-tech boat, the weak links get to blame the other guys for their poor finish results.

Let's cut out all this Prada packaging and get real mano-to-mano, you wimp! Do you want to party in the sun or sail for glory?

I invite you and other Sailneters to race Lasers in Boston Harbor any weekend this Winter. It'll grow some hair on your chest and we'll all get to seperate the wimps from the hardcore. We can get boats from http://www.cpyc.org/laser/ . We could get 10 races in one weekend, on Saturday and Sunday mornings before the normal afternoon schedule. Local rules do cancel racing if the wind chill is below 0 degrees F, or if there's more than 10 inches of snow in the parking lot (the snow makes it hard for the ambulance to pick up anyone who capsizes...). I can guarantee you, no one has died, yet, - you usually are out of the hospital within the week. Also if the Harbor is frozen over, there is an automatic one hour postponement for the USCG to bring a cutter in to break a course through the ice. I've attached a picture of last year's fleet champion.

Sounds great, what do you think? All eager beavers can PM me and I'll get together a skippers list. I aready put Alex right at the top because I know what a keen competitor he is and he'd never miss a runny-nose opportunity like this.

As to the proposed sailing picnic in the sun I'd be interested, sissy sailing or not, if I get to drive upwind.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg windward-bearaway.jpg (28.5 KB, 167 views)

Last edited by sailingfool; 11-20-2007 at 03:55 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook