SailNet Community - View Single Post - Powerboat to sailboat
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
Powerboat to sailboat

I read somewhere that back in the 70s sailboats saw a big increase in sales because of the cost of Fuel? The costs of running a power boat are astromical now. Will it become a mad rush to buy sailboats as the PBers find it harder and harder to afford fuel? Imagine all those bayliners, wellcraft, donzis, etc on blocks in driveways Well at least they sold the trailers!!!

Other then my love of sailboats, fuel cost was my single most important reason to have a diesel inboard sailboat.

Will a new breed of sailors start plying the waters? Will there be an increase of boating accidents? Will there be renewed interest in Power Sailers?

just something to think about as you munch down on that drumstick today

my current "project"!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook