SailNet Community - View Single Post - Critters we WANT Aboard !!
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007
Aquaholic

AjariBonten is on a distinguished road
Thanks Mac. I probably won't get a bird anyway. ACTUALLY, when my current menagerie goes I plan on being "sans Animale" for a while. Maybe a goldfish, now there's a sailing critter, lol.

I love ferrets; but for me I think a boat is probably not a place I would feel I could ensure their safety. Maybe for some; but I don't think I need the added stress.

As far as this thread digressing; yea, but it's been an interesting digression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGyverRI View Post
Parrots can't take drafts well, they will get sick and die. $1000+ for a burial at sea? A "White Eye Conure" is a dwarf S.A. Parrot that can learn to talk, much cheaper but needs to be out of cold drafts also. Cage covers work well.

Ferrets usually stay in the cage but need free time to play but Sheena thinks the cage is where she eats only and gets really testy if she isn't out a lot. They can squeeze into any crack their head can fit into so Ferret proofing the cabin is a must.

If you think heeling over makes loose things go crash, get a Ferret, they are just plain nosey, then they look at you like it's not their fault. Ferrets are between a dog and a cat on the IQ chain, they usually listen more than a cat but a tad less than a dog. Ferrets are also very lovable and affectionate. They eat 4+ x's a day and the result is daily cleaning of their "corner" litter box.

Ferrets are also great swimmers, related to Mink, Weasel and Otters so a dunking if they go over usually isn't a problem. If you keep the cage clean, they don't smell.

HTH
I Love Her Well, And She Must Love Me
But I think It's Only For My Money
..... Gordon Bok
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook