SailNet Community - View Single Post - Singlehanding
Thread: Singlehanding
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007
Cruising

RandyonR3 is on a distinguished road
Do we all forget one of the main reasons we are out there.. For a lot of us, the pease and tranquality of cruising, or sailing is our escape from that which we live daily. the noise, the street signs, the people, and of corse..the laws that govern our silly asses. Out there is our freedom, and If you want to get up in the morning and pee off the back of your boat.
Well by-golly thats my right.. I quit riding motorcycles when they passed the helmet law, for no other reason other than ,that the government is sticking their nose into my life to far.
and how far will they go.. and say its for my own good....Orange sails for singlehanded sailing, Manditory GPSs on your boat so they can track you, or inforcement of wearing PFD while sailing (not to comfortable in bed),
Well I for one, injoy my morning pee off the back of my boat, but I know, someday, they'll take that away from me too...
For those of you that love what you have, dont give it up, and for damn sure, dont put restrictions on what we have now.....
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook