SailNet Community - View Single Post - S2-9.2 c
Thread: S2-9.2 c
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007

SkipperSteve is on a distinguished road
Hi Camaraderie,

Thank you for the positive response, I agree a high windage small cruiser is not best suited to an Atlantic crosing but the reasons I have been reviewing the S2 go beyond the one passage, and as with all matters afloat budget is a major factor. With the strength of the Pound, the American market the obvious choice, added to the fact that my wife tolerates days on the water to placate the salt water in my blood. I need something that she will have room to breath in and stamp her mark. I suppose what I need is more like a floating caravan(trailer). Mooring fee's are very high in the UK so length is also a factor and the sailing I will be doing once I get home will be coastal with the odd hop to Europe. As to the comfort in a seaway, the majority of my sailing has been single handing my small 22ft Pandora around the UK coast which I can assure you is very much seat of the pants stuff as she pitches and rolls to my movement about her alone. I have suplimented this by various charters throughout the world on much bigger craft (big by my standards).
My ideal would be a Westsail 32 for the crossing, but I must consider the practicalities of such a slow heavy boat around the strong tidal waters of the UK. Two have flown the nest once the third has embarked on a carear and retirement looms maybe I could upsize again. as for now the S2 has a lot going for her, hopefully enough comfort and space to encorage my wife on the water more often.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook