Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Wilson, NY
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 16
question about selling a boat
Some things to think about:
1. Newer brings more money regardless of construction - this is the perception of the market.
2. A name people recognize means more money.
3. Interior space is a seller. Many buyers don''t consider the performance of a boat, just how many she sleeps, head room, etc. They have to convince their wives.
4. Teak is a negative. Even though it may look good, who wants to maintain it?
5. Many sellers mistakenly feel that extra gear and improvements should help the price. The truth is, it is a lot easier to equip a newer looking boat than it is to make a well equiped worn boat look new.