SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cruising Diet Experiment - or, How to Accidentally Starve
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Mournful cry !!!

Best advice I can give anyone is whenever you sell a boat strip it of evrything that's not nailed down. I had a salt grinder that in 20 odd years never clogged and I left the bloody thing on the PB when I sold her. Been through five since, cannot find one that works properly on land let alone on board.

BTW for those of you who can't be bothered with grinding , stick some rice in your salt shaker, For whatever reason the rice stops the salt from clogging up with moisture. No it doesn't work in a grinder. Oh yes, I know someone who tried.

ps - Wind_Magic - Salt is important. You cannot live without it. Sure too much is bad for you but you do need a regular intake. Apart from which it makes vegetables in particular taste better. I'm not a medical person but I believe that cramping also results from low sodium levels.

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook