SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cruising, voting & jury duty
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
DO NOT IGNORE THE CALL TO JURY DUTY!!! (been there done that!)

Call me a bad person but I hate the jury duty routine (IMHO) They call on people way way far from the actual place of duty. Send out notice cards that are so small they easily get lost or set aside! (my experiance.. yours may vary ) Then, if you don't reply you get a "formal" letter telling you your rights etc and you better answer or "else"

Being self employed it's a real hinderance to have to take off and "attend" to my civil duties! Also, they don't find you for duty just by your voters registration. They more likely use real eastate transactions, credit reports and anything else of "public" record to find you and yes speeding tickets. I've always politely responded with WRITTEN reasons why I can't attend and been dismissed on that basis. (phew!) Last time I got called and while talking on the phone with the person in charge it, I was given the strong impression that they think no one has a reason to not do duty. What about all those thousands of people right in the town where the court is?? No way they have called all them yet! Oh that's right, its not my biz to ask why. tis my right to do my duty! (as I go off to jail when the "man" reads this )

my current "project"!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook