SailNet Community - View Single Post - Liveaboard: Big Island, Hawaii
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007

katejoy is on a distinguished road
Aloha

I Grew up on the big Island and am living there currently. I'm having the same problems,
1) There are no places you can live aboard, not only that if you even just want to sail over and keep your boat here - there is no spots open.
2) Living off of an area like spenser (which I have to add is a great idea, that would be a sweet spot) Is not something you can do. That is the shark gods worship area. And I might add that the shark was King Kamahmeahas amukua (which is kinda like a native american sprit animal) so Its extra important to the hawaiian people. Oh and king kamahmeaha is a preatty big deal.

Oh there is also a "super fairy" coming over, thats not how you spell that kinda fairy, I know...... just woke up, sorry

Anyways there are alot of obsticals, but this is an amazing place. And I think if you have an intrest in it you should not give up. I have pulled off some preatty strange **** in my life, and with everyone telling me there is no way to do it. But Im stubborn as hell, and sometimes you have to be when your going for a dream. Plus, easy stuff is boring
Good luck and let me know how it goes,
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook