SailNet Community - View Single Post - Damn...That's a pretty girl
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Psych View Post
Gui....I like how the spinnaker pole is attached...How did you you that??? Wife is tired of tripping ove ours stored on the fore-deck??

Thanks.........

P.S. BEAUTIFUL Boat!!
Thank you.

At the back end of the spi pole, it is simply attached to the shroud base, using the pole trigger itself, the front end of the pole I have a metal bracket, that has a hole in it, and that bracket is securely attached to the pit, and by coincidence the size of the pole is just perfect, for it to stay half way the life lines, perfectly horizontal.

One reason I don't like them in the deck is because there is allways an idiot kicking it, hurting my pole with his foot, (that by the way, was already there, minding its own business, way before the idiot moved to the front of the boat, and kicked it). Can't hurt the pole you know.

The second reason, I've allways attached my poles to the shroud, why??? So that when racing or in **** wether, we don't get the sleeping genoa sheet underneath the aft end of the pole, and then when you tack, it just rips the pole off, or breaks it. So in my boats the aft end is allways in the shroud. Can't go wrong with that can you?

I'll see if I have photos of the details of attachment.

Also if it is in the "air" and a wave gets by in the bow, there is no restriction for water evacuation.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook