SailNet Community - View Single Post - The Escape
Thread: The Escape
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2001

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about
The Escape

I sailed on Barnegat Bay as a teenager. We used to rent a little house at Harvey Cedars on Long Beach Island during the summers. I am not sure that there really is a boat out there that you can actually "haul the boat out by hand over bulkhead" that can carry three people and not get damaged hauling it out of the water. There is not such thing as "No maintenance per se" and my fear with the Escape is that when something need repair the construction will make that imposible.

My initial suggestion for a boat that can be sailed by three and will still have reasonable performance and which can carry an outboard for those times when the wind completely dies out as oft it does on Barnegat is to find an older Oday Javilin or Daysailer or a Sailstar Explorer. These are older boats but they have a small cutty that you can store gear in. With a boom tent they can be camp cruised and are the bees knees in the kind of shallow sailing environment that you are talking about.

Good Luck
Jeff
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook