SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mission Statement
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007
Hitchin' a ride

bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough
Sounds nice T. You can practice with me if you like. My son will be 18 in 2018 and I will be retiring. College will have been saved for and he will be on his own. At that time I plan on taking off on my boat to end all boats, the final final. (In the meantime, I plan on sailing small cheap boats until they sink and then buy another, until it sinks, etc). I like your plan, as it is the same as mine.

Edit - As retclt says, there are ways to get into college. You may never be able to save for the entire four or five years you will need. The more money you have, the harder it will be to get a loan to help you. But then you are stuck paying off the loan later in life. I am planning on putting as much as I can into a 529 that my parents started. My son can make up the rest with loans or work. There is only so much you can do. I paid for a lot of my education after my parents donation ran out.

Vaya con Dios

Last edited by bestfriend; 12-02-2007 at 09:54 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook