SailNet Community - View Single Post - S2-9.2 c
Thread: S2-9.2 c
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007

SkipperSteve is on a distinguished road
Faster and Camaraderie I thank you both for your candid opinion,
I am starting to agree with you as to the suitability of the S2 for such a perilous journey. If I could guarantee fair winds and sunshine then my opinion may not have been swayed but I know this is less than likely.
It is only since a charter and subsequent tour of Sydney harbour’s sheltered waters in recent weeks that raised the comment from my wife as to the convenience of the center cockpit with walk through arrangement on the Jarkan 35. [a favourable comment is always valued from a woman who doesn’t like the water] A layout she found far superior to that of either the Beneteau Oceanis 373 we chartered in Croatia last year or the Jeaneau Odyssey 40 we chartered in Lankawi. It is for that reason alone that my attention has been attracted to the S2 9.2c, to attract my wife onboard, not for the crossing, a venture she believes is a dream but to get her onboard for a weekend or more at a time.
I mentioned my ideal would be a Westsail or something of that ilk as I am not a lover of overly buoyant craft, unfortunately when they come on the market they are usually beyond my purse. The Ericson 35 has always been a more modern favorite of mine so I think I shall return my attention in that direction. Thank you once again for your valued opinions
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook