SailNet Community - View Single Post - Holding tank
Thread: Holding tank
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Butch,

Welcome aboard.

Many of the older boats did not have a macerator. Some were plumbed so you could manually pump out (often using the same manual pump on the bilge with a Y valve in it) or by going to a pumpout station.

I am not sure what waters you frequent, but with few exceptions that come to mind, you will either have to pump out via a station or go 3 miles offshore. Directly dumping into an anchorage is pretty much a no-no. Pumping out is a heated topic on this board, and for good reason. I will say that though I agree with many posters that finding a pumout facility can be a real pain, doing it is easy.

- CD

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook