SailNet Community - View Single Post - Your thoughts on Albergs and Islanders appreciated
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2002

Juker is on a distinguished road
Your thoughts on Albergs and Islanders appreciated

Thanks WOOSH,

I''m basically on a five year plan--one to find and buy a boat, one (or two) to clean it up and outfit it, and three to improve my meager skills. Beyond that, well, all the places you mentioned are in my thoughts. I''m a Latin America junkie and have travelled throughout Central America and half of SA.

Believe it or not, Plan A is to take the boat to Havana for help in restoration. I have a good Cuban friend, a superb craftsman, who restored his 1950s era home; it is now one of the most beautiful homes I''ve ever seen. But, Cuba is Cuba. His latest word is that there are some rather "unique" hurdles, but he thinks the project is possible. Hope so because I don''t have a Plan B yet.

I''ve been preparing a spreadsheet with the approximate prices of all the equipment I want. And yes, the total far exceeds my current budget. For now I''ll have to settle for just a couple of items (radar tops the list, I think) and add other things later--when I have more $$ and perhaps a better sense of the priorities as well.

Admittedly I''m an offshore newbie but I can assure you I understand the difficulties ahead.

Down the road, do you mind some email Q''s ?

Best Regards.

P.S.: If you curious, I wrote a page advertizing my friends house:
www.wellfunction.com/casamarta
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook