SailNet Community - View Single Post - Seidelmann Boats?
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2002

DirtManly is on a distinguished road
Seidelmann Boats?

Well Guy''s,
I respectfuly disagree with your opinions. I have owned a 30 T for a couple years now and I love this boat. It sails very well and is quite capable of sailing to it''s PHRF rating. I have been racing with someone else (we took first in our fleet), or I would be racing this boat regularly. In the past when I have raced it I have done respectably well.
We have spent many a weekend out on her and she is very comfortable to stay on.
As for form stability and the egineering aspect of the numbers, i''m not up on that, but i can tell you she''s very stable. Mind you 40 mph is the freshest breeze i''ve had her out in. Between 30 and 40 be prepared to get wet going to wind, cause it sprays worse than a dingy. That''s really the only major shortcoming I''m aware of.
I bought my boat from the original owner and he was absolutely anal about taking care of it. He still emails me every couple months to see how i''m doing with his old boat.
Of course you should have it surveyed, but I don''t think you would be disapointed if it''s in good shape. It has a ton of room for a thirty footer.
Good luck
Dirt
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook