SailNet Community - View Single Post - philosopher's club, anyone?
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007

HoffaLives is on a distinguished road
philosopher's club, anyone?

so there's been a sailors fight club. big deal. this is a chance for a thread that really separates the men from the boys. people get tiffed when morally/socially important stuff is brought up in mundane threads, so i thought it might be good for a thread to talk about the important issues without waking anyone up.

an example might be what it means to be a privileged cruiser in a third world country. or the death of someone at sea. gender roles and sailing.

what about it? seems to me we could use a little highbrow stuff for a change

brevity is the soul of wit, and since the point isn't to be witty but to talk intelligently, longer posts should be encouraged - have something to say and take the space you need to say it.

note that this post is a discussion of the thread not the thread itself. if there is interest, we should start a different thread, simply labeled philosopher's club. if that's too confusing you probably clicked on this link by mistake.
364 feet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

our life afloat:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook