SailNet Community - View Single Post - It's Time for me to move aboard
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrna View Post
Time to make the big decision and finally put my dream together. I just got promote to 737 Capt at work and moving from NJ to Miami sometime next year. I am getting the house ready to sell and put on the market by Feb. I have to go Dallas for 5 weeks of training sometime next year ( I hope they have enough bananas to train this monkey). So after 3 years of heavy research, sailing various boats and attending seminars it is time to find my dream boat. My top choices are Valiant 42 CE, Cabo Rico 38, Caliber 40LRC and Passport 40/41(no teak deck). I have two brokers who I trust (as much as they can be trusted) start to thin out those that are on the market and those secret boats that never see yatchworld. Now If the planets and stars line-up this dream might come true and the nightmare of boat ownership/liveaboard might come true.
If anyone hears about a secrect boat that might come up for sale PM me.
Melissa
Melissa,

I wish you the best of luck. HOWEVER:

Where are you going to Live aboard?? If SE Florida, you better start calling right now to get on the 2 year waiting list at $20/foot.

A little sarcastic... not much. There have been a lot of threads on this. Not many LA marinas left down there.

- CD

PS Oh yeah, and Caliber or Passport...

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook