SailNet Community - View Single Post - It's Time for me to move aboard
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2007
Crazy Woman Boat Driver

Melrna will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Melrna Send a message via Yahoo to Melrna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slooptattoo View Post
You need to re check your source about dockage being easy to get during hurricane season. Not quite how it works in So. Fla. There are NO hurricane holes in south Fla. Most smart boats head up the Miami River or the New River in Fort Lauderdale, to get as far inland as possible. That dockage has to be arranged in advance and paid for, regardless if you use it or not. You buy the space and it's yours once we go to "watch" until the end of that particular storm, one storm or ten, but it's only temp dockage during the storm. You may want to come down on a jump seat and speak to dockmasters and property owners prior to your coming down. Good luck!
Thanks Mike. I plan on doing that sometime in Jan. Take a look-see. I don't have all the details worked out just now; doing my research to see if all this is really possible. Like I said the stars, moon and planets have to line up just right for this happen at this time. I appreciate the info and first hand knowledge. Why I posted here in sailnet. Try to make fantasy, brokers words into some sense of reality. One thing I can do is sail the boat down to the Grenada (points south) during the "Season" ( Oh darn, I hate it when that has to happen! LOL ) and commute to work. Big advantage of my job. One reason for a serious boat. I plan on doing some serious sailing. The only problem I see is posting on the crew wanted list on Sailnet and Photoshop-per Giu showing up in orange pants or CD with ten grills to mount on the rails.

Last edited by Melrna; 12-08-2007 at 02:31 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook