SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bow Thrusters ??
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007

dbakody is on a distinguished road
Smile Bow Trusters

As a retired Chief Engineer and heart failure person, I am always looking for a safer and easier way of docking. My skills are good and have received many compliments........but far from perfect and do not care to me. I would much prefer to damage my boat rather than any other members. That is why we old salts look for these simple safe ideas. Can I sail alongside yes, will I motor instead YES! and I do not like to see smart asses trying it. Call the tender that's why we pay the big bucks for marina fees. Remember roller furlings, nuff said. But I digress, I am now thinking of constructing a rail mounted smaller salt water electric motor that I can mount on the outboard side drop in water on windy days and have as back up. these stow easily and they come with a remote control unit for well under a grand. Just stop in safe water drop over the side and continue to motor in as usuall step off and secure the first lines and Bob's your uncle. In any rate me ode mind is working.........just like many good sailors before me. Good luck

Last edited by dbakody; 12-10-2007 at 10:38 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook