SailNet Community - View Single Post - Paragon 3:1 Hydraulic Transmission Problem
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007

LWinters is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to LWinters
Talk about rabbit holes. If i had it to do over again I would have repowered the boat instead of just rebuilding the trans. My gear was completely rusted out on the inside and beyond repair. That meant finding a completely different gear and rebuilding it. Overall, I went in for almost 8K. Probably could have repowered with a new yanmar and gear four 20K. At it is I've still got an old engine with a rebuilt gear.

Part of my problem was they didn't make a v-drive, hurth, or any other gear that had the same length and drop as the Paragon. That really did give me two choices, repower or get the exact same paragon. Oh well, I am back up and running. Best of luck with your project. If you are having Paragon work done I can recomend the guys at Federal Marine. Ask for Jim at (708) 352-2200. Tell him the guy with the rotted out P25L sent you.

LW

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook