SailNet Community - View Single Post - passage making 28-32 footer
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2003

climber322 is on a distinguished road
passage making 28-32 footer

Thank you to all who''ve responded to my post. Jack, (Whoosh), I''ve seen your posts all over this site, I''ve read quite a few with great interest. No I''m not looking at Hunters, Cats, Pearsons, etc. I''d like something a little more substantial. The dollar figure I mentioned is what I''m limiting myself to for the initial purchase with 20K held in reserve to update systems. I believe in keeping things simple as there will be less, (I believe) maintenance, cost, etc. Yes this boat will be primarily used for Great Lakes sailing for several years until I get a feel for what I need/want on the boat but I''d like the boat to have the ability to sail offshore with safety and a bit of comfort. When the youngest gets out of school the wife, (who thankfully shares my dream) and I would like to sail the Bahamas then continue southbound and hopefully, the South Pacific.
I''m in no hurry and yes I''ve already looked at many boats. I''ve looked at several brokers and have found no Albin''s or HR''s around the Lakes but I''m sure they''re out there. If I can find one already outfitted for cruising all the better. My hope was for those cruisers who might already own boats of this size to recommend specific models that are known to hold up to offshore passage making so I may limit my search to those particular models.
Again, thank you to all who''ve responded. My knowledge base only increases with each post.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook