SailNet Community - View Single Post - What's your Morgan?
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007

jwfox is on a distinguished road
We have a 1984 454 centerboard sloop. For the past year I have slowly been rebuilding Siobhan II (pronounced Shivann - Gaelic for "treasured Gift") to bring her up to date. So Far, re-engined her with a new Universal M40B (I just LOVE Kubota engines!) and added an exhaust gas/water separator. I've repositioned the batteries, added fore and aft rigid holding tanks (24 and 32 gallons respectively), rewired the entire boat, installed a new hot water heater, installed a Raritan Crown head in the aft head, rebuilt the refer, rebuilt the 16 KW Air conditioner, and am working on installing a new Freedom 30. Also on going is repairing the few saggy and creeky spots in the cabin sole, added a few bilge pumps, and when I get time I'm going to install new ST 60 wind, speedo, and depth instruments; add a generator under the forward Berth, and add an additional RACOR to give me the ability to change filters on the fly. I picked up a 1974 SL 555 Seatiger manual winch in pristine condition last week and will install it soon. My gal and I are getting hitched this February, and hope to retire aboard Siobhan for for a five year cruise in late 2008 ( If the house sells - know anyone who wants a 2003 2150 SqFt Beach house on tampa bay in Apollo beach with 79 foot dock and sailboat water and no bridges?).
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook