SailNet Community - View Single Post - What's your Morgan?
View Single Post
post #28 of Old 12-11-2007
We have a 1984 454 centerboard sloop. For the past year I have slowly been rebuilding Siobhan II (pronounced Shivann - Gaelic for "treasured Gift") to bring her up to date. So Far, re-engined her with a new Universal M40B (I just LOVE Kubota engines!) and added an exhaust gas/water separator. I've repositioned the batteries, added fore and aft rigid holding tanks (24 and 32 gallons respectively), rewired the entire boat, installed a new hot water heater, installed a Raritan Crown head in the aft head, rebuilt the refer, rebuilt the 16 KW Air conditioner, and am working on installing a new Freedom 30. Also on going is repairing the few saggy and creeky spots in the cabin sole, added a few bilge pumps, and when I get time I'm going to install new ST 60 wind, speedo, and depth instruments; add a generator under the forward Berth, and add an additional RACOR to give me the ability to change filters on the fly. I picked up a 1974 SL 555 Seatiger manual winch in pristine condition last week and will install it soon. My gal and I are getting hitched this February, and hope to retire aboard Siobhan for for a five year cruise in late 2008 ( If the house sells - know anyone who wants a 2003 2150 SqFt Beach house on tampa bay in Apollo beach with 79 foot dock and sailboat water and no bridges?).
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome