SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pullman Berths
Thread: Pullman Berths
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007

wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_H View Post
Can someone explain why the head forward with a pullman berth behind is appealing. Maybe its me, but I have never understood the appeal of a pullman berth or having the head all the way in the bow. Underway, there is too much motion to make using the forward head comfortable, and the pullman berth is only a seaberth on one tack.
Jeff, I think that's pretty much the reason, so that you can use it as a berth at sea. Like you said, motion is crazy up forward, especially when you are beating into the wind, so it's nearly impossible to use the forward v-berth to sleep when making passages like that. But with the berth further back you can use lee cloths and such to actually have a berth underway. The difference between being uncomfortable for a few minutes while you relieve yourself or being uncomfortable for hours while you try to sleep. I agree though with a forward head you might need to install seat belts lol.

Please support my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook