SailNet Community - View Single Post - Puncture Resistant Bike Tires
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007

wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about
Puncture Resistant Bike Tires

Hi folks,

I've been riding my bicycle a lot to get used to it because I know I will be using it while cruising and I could use the exercise too. I ride on gravel roads for the most part and I have found that I am getting flats a lot, mostly on the back tire. Some of it is because I carry some extras on the back of the bike and it puts a lot of weight on the back tire, but most of it is just the nature of the beast, gravel road are hard on tires, including car/truck tires.

What I'm thinking about doing is switching over to some more puncture resistant tires and tubes and I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with them. I'm leaning towards something called an Armadillo tire and whatever thick puncture resistant tubes I can find, I don't have any brand names for those yet but I am looking. As I understand it the only real downside to something like this is that the tires weigh more which makes hill climbing a little tougher.

Anyone have thoughts about avoiding punctures ?

Please support my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook