SailNet Community - View Single Post - Tartan vrs. C&C
Thread: Tartan vrs. C&C
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2007

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
If you check with a local dealer, I seem to recall, that one can put the traveler on the cabin top. That model yr was normal fiberglass, vs the newer 02'ish going with epoxy. These later models seem to be some of the ones with some issues, altho probably less than 2 folks on here will lead you to believe.

For NW puget sound work, I would own one. Yes it is a bit more race oriented than tartan. Will get you to places a bit faster. Inside for me, well thought out for cruising etc. I personally would NOT want a traveler on the cabin top, I prefer it by me when sailing, so it is within easy reach to release if a gust come ups etc. Again, a personal opinion, for 2 person sailing, I want everything with in easy reach of one person. So the more things that can be had from the steer position, the better it is for trimming when things get interesting.

This is not to say that the T37 a similar sized boat to a 110 is not a good boat either. Nicer on the inside, a bit more tankage etc. But name a place here in the NW where you are not more than 4 hrs from a port of call.

C&C's will have a bit more sail to disp, nice for our low wind summer breezes, ie less than 10 knots, where the C&C will continue to move under sail a bit easier and faster than the Tartan (style)equal.

Is that one here in the NW? If you do not want it, I might want to look at it!

marty