SailNet Community - View Single Post - WARNING -- Scam
Thread: WARNING -- Scam
View Single Post
post #12 of Old 12-15-2007 Thread Starter
pegasus1457
Arf!

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrondv View Post
I have to say - why did you give them your cell number? When signing up for _anything_ online - only give them information you want them to have. They have no need for your number, and thus shouldn't have it.

Besides - looking at that screenshot it is pretty clear that it is a crappy advertisement with nothing to do with photobucket. You don't click on pop-ups do you?

I don't mean to harsh but you should have sirens going off immediately if are ever told you could "win" something online - especially if it asks for _any_ type of information about you.

If you really are that upset with photobucket then send them an e-mail explaining how you feel their acceptance of a scammish advertisement upset you.
I don't have a good answer to your post -- I dodge scams and phishing attempts all day long. This one just caught me with my guard down.
I only wanted to make others aware of the possible cost of giving them the cell number. I was aware I might have to deal with a few unwanted text messages at 15 cents each, but the premium bullsh^t just floored me.

There are plenty of free photo sites out there without all this annoyance.
Flickr is one of them.

Fluctuat nec mergitur
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome