SailNet Community - View Single Post - Product Reviews
Thread: Product Reviews
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Boeshield T9, SailKote and LanoCote

Three must haves for the Sailor's toolkit are Boeshield T9, McLube SailKote and LanoCote.

Boeshield T9 is a great water displacing light lubricant that also protects metals from corrosion. I spray my tool boxes and their contents with T9 regularly to help protect the tools from corroding.

SailKote is the best dry film lubricant I've found and is good for coating sail tracks, genoa tracks, sail slugs, roller furling foils and many other items on a sailboat that need to slide or move freely, but you don't want to collect dirt. Unlike Boeshield T9, McLube SailKote won't attract dirt at all, and dries to a thin, almost invisible film. I use SailKote once a season or so on the mast mainsail track, genoa tracks, mainsheet traveler, and roller furling foil.

LanoCote is a paste that is made from anhydrous lanolin and works well as a galvanic isolation compound between aluminum and stainless steel. It also works quite well as an anti-galling/anti-siezing compound for use on stainless steel to stainless steel contact. The one downside to the stuff is it looks like baby cack... When commissioning my boat in the spring, I use LanoCote on all the screw-pin shackles on the boat, as well as most of the bimini/dodger fittings so I can be sure to take them apart at the end of the season.

BTW, The Seafit Miracle cloth is one product that most Sailnetters and Practical Sailor agree on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.

Last edited by sailingdog; 12-16-2007 at 10:42 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook