SailNet Community - View Single Post - how much clothing will we need
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007

RealityCheck is on a distinguished road
Now at Nanny Cay, Tortola BVI... the most useful info I have seen is to pack the very minimum you think you will need... then unpack and toss out at least half ... probably more.

Guys a couple of shorts and shirts, 2 swim suits... under-ware and socks if your weird...
Good wide brim hat and a ball cap... good sunglasses and boat shoes... maybe some surf shoes due to the coral.

Girls... Away from harbors... most use very little... in harbors or in most towns they need more coverup than would would normally think when your outside the "resort" area.

Most frown on too much skin on women and men with no shirts.

A few places require a guy to have a shirt with collar... no t-shirts and women in summer dresses.... but these are generally the nicer places... but in town no halters and away from the boat or beach no swim suites.

But if your going to spend a lot of time away from the crowds.. stay in the shade and go nude as many do... sun screen is advisable... if your on the boat.. don't forget a bit into you nose.. and the tops of your eyes... use sports lotions so your eyes don't burn out

Well time for another sundowner... later from the Crib...

svRealityCheck Nanny Cay Tortola