SailNet Community - View Single Post - Help in Jupiter FL
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 12-19-2007 Thread Starter
560kts sucks/7kts perfect
Help in Jupiter FL

I'm currently having a problem with a home owner near where my boat is anchored. I've been told to "move along or else". When I informed the individual of my right to stay anchored, I was told that he would handle this the old fashioned way. I spend about 4-5 days away and during this 3 times in the last month, I have returned to a boat covered in chum and hundreds of bait fish.

I have a great spot, protected and close to everything. 5-6 feet of draft. One bridge "US 1" away from the Inlet. The only thing that I can think of is if more cruisers atleast stopping for a night or more. This guy might be a little more relunctant to destroy my boat while I'm gone. Anyone that would like to help, I offer a free 12 pack of your choice on arrival and if I'm available, guided directions to a great spot.

If you have google maps:

Jupiter Inlet head south from Federal highway bridge. Before Indiantown Bridge, right into a small channel turning before the boat ramp on your left side. Once in the channel turn right into a open lake formed by mangrove island on the east and houses and businesses west and south. Google maps will not show my boat, but you will see it in person. 5+ draft only take the channel at high tide staying to the left entering the channel.

If you are interested in a nice spot and helping me out email me and I can send photos and aerial photos (google) with directions if I'm not home to help in person.
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome