SailNet Community - View Single Post - Help in Jupiter FL
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007
560kts sucks/7kts perfect

Sailpilot is on a distinguished road
Help in Jupiter FL

I'm currently having a problem with a home owner near where my boat is anchored. I've been told to "move along or else". When I informed the individual of my right to stay anchored, I was told that he would handle this the old fashioned way. I spend about 4-5 days away and during this 3 times in the last month, I have returned to a boat covered in chum and hundreds of bait fish.

I have a great spot, protected and close to everything. 5-6 feet of draft. One bridge "US 1" away from the Inlet. The only thing that I can think of is if more cruisers atleast stopping for a night or more. This guy might be a little more relunctant to destroy my boat while I'm gone. Anyone that would like to help, I offer a free 12 pack of your choice on arrival and if I'm available, guided directions to a great spot.

If you have google maps:

Jupiter Inlet head south from Federal highway bridge. Before Indiantown Bridge, right into a small channel turning before the boat ramp on your left side. Once in the channel turn right into a open lake formed by mangrove island on the east and houses and businesses west and south. Google maps will not show my boat, but you will see it in person. 5+ draft only take the channel at high tide staying to the left entering the channel.

If you are interested in a nice spot and helping me out email me and I can send photos and aerial photos (google) with directions if I'm not home to help in person.

sfarns@hotmail.com
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook