SailNet Community - View Single Post - Asymmetrical spinnakers
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007

petegingras is on a distinguished road
Asymmetrical spinnakers

Okay Sailnet moderators and conversant members; counsel me on the wonderful world of the Asymmetrical spinnaker, and the sail makers that I can choose.

Full disclosureÖI currently sail a Hunter, itís my second Hunter, and third sailboat. I sail the East Coast mostly, Narragansett Bay, down to Mystic, and as far North to Marblehead and Beverly. All three boats have taken the trips. And to date Iíve never utilized a spinnaker, cuz no matter how many are aboard, Iím still single handing for various reasons, those reasons are known to us all. Well, Iíve come to realize that my speed has to be increased, and itís apparent to me that the Asymmetrical spinnaker can add the speed and allow for continued single handing, if not easy direction to myriad landlubber crews.

Iíve contacted Doyle for direction and pricing, and realise that Doyle has franchised their operations, and it can be done locally. Now Iím home based in Rhode Island and that means sail makers here in RI probably have a competent workforce in their lofts, but any direction would be respected, or other options for sail makers to consider.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook