SailNet Community - View Single Post - A creature comfort speedster?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Elan has been made in europe for many yrs, same company that builds/makes Elan skis. The boat factory is on one side of the road, the ski plant onthe other side.

THere is a deck salon in seattle. I have been on it. It is ok. Typical what I would call mid level build quality. Sabres are definetly a much nicer better build boat IMHO. THen again, they do cost more!

For where you want to go, ANY of the coastal cruisers in the low 40' range will work. Ones that have fin keels will usually be a bit quicker.

A J120, 40 to 45' versions should work well, as would a C&C 120 ifyouwant speedsters. Tarten has a new 4300 out, that should also fly along reasably well.

There is a 38' mid 70's Hunter that is on my dock that is still owned by original owner, and he has had his rig to mexico 3-4 times! Granted teh hunters then seem to be better built than todays models.........

Right now teh owner of Marine sevicenter in seattle. the elan, tarten c7c, jeanneau, dehler dealer, is on a 43' deck saloon Jeanneau in the south pacific. Left a yr ago with wife and twin daughters.

It will boil down to your pocket book!

marty