SailNet Community - View Single Post - Lewes, Delaware home port
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007

Wayne25 is on a distinguished road
Jerry:
Thanks for getting back to me. I've had my Helms 25 (JK) in Rehoboth Bay for about a year. I made the trip through the Lewes-Rehoboth Canal once and went out the Roosevelt, down the coast and back in at the Indian River Inlet at slack low tide. I guess your air draft is less than 35' also to make the fixed bridges. The 24 hr notice for the draw bridge at Rehoboth makes it a bit of a pain.
I was looking for some weekend or extended weekend trips in the area. I was thinking about sailing to Lewes (either outside or the canal) overnight at the city dock or somewhere else and spend the next day or so sailing the harbor and the west side of the bay. It looks like the current isn't bad in this area. Not like the channel and breakwater. Have you stayed at the new Lewes City Marina or at the city dock?
I was also looking at the 20 mile trip from Indian River Inlet to Ocean City, MD inlet. I would have to pick the day for a good weather window. Especially if i wanted to get back the same weekend. Have you made this trip? I haven't seen info on public docking for a night or two in Ocean City. It would be nice to continue down into the Chincoteague Bay.
1976 #552
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook