SailNet Community - View Single Post - Updating The Head
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008

Freesail99 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Freesail99
Updating The Head

Updating The Head.

On my 30 year old boat the head has never been updated. In fact, the PO had removed the head and holding tank and put in a porta potty. I am installing a new Lavac head which I have in a box in the v berth. Upon walking into the head, I have a small round stainless sink straight ahead and a opening port to the right of the skin and small counter and cabinet with mirrored sliding glass doors. To my right there is a 10 inch elevation in the floor, the new head will sit on this. The floor and ceiling are fiberglass with a non skid built into them. That same fiberglass is on the wall with the sink and the porthole. It looks like the fiberglass has never been painted. Still looking right I have a wood grain Formica wall with a teak medicine cabinet on it.To the left is a plastic mirror which goes floor to ceiling. In the center of the mirror is a shower head. It looks old and tired. The mirror also has cracks in it. I am looking for some ideas, maybe something you have done to update your head. Care you share your improvements ?

Thanks and Happy New Year,
Paul
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Freesail99; 01-02-2008 at 05:06 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook