SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bareboat Chartering BVI
View Single Post
post #17 of Old 01-03-2008
I've been there 4 times, May, July, October, November (4 different years); I've never seen a week with 20kts+ the entire week.
3 of mine were bareboat, the last was fully crewed. Of the bareboats the first 2 with Sunsail, third with Voyage; all catamarans so I can't help ya with boat selection. We did provision thru Sunsail the first time, and had the same missing stuff, substitution problem. Found out they use a local grocer (Bobbies, available online) so from then on just went to the grocer direct.
As to cab's, wouldn't know. I was on a boat - if I wanted to go somewhere I sailed there.
Moorings do indeed fill up early, planning where you are going and getting there are part of the fun to me. Besides, I don't drink unless tied to something so the earlier I caught a ball....

As to briefing's - they expect you to be knowledgeable about sailing/boat systems in general so the briefings are somewhat brief; if you feel the need for more perhaps you should hire a skipper for the first day, it runs about 150 bucks and depending on your resume they might require one.
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome