SailNet Community - View Single Post - need feed back on a possible boat purchase..
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008

john232 is on a distinguished road
[quote=Moonfish;244998]John - I'm VERY jealous! That's the boat I want, a Spindrift 43. Is this the galley down version? I've been keeping an eye on these for about 6 years now, and I've seen them as low as $89K, and as much as $145K. Of course, those are asking prices, but the average for a Spindrift 43 in better than average condition seems to be around $120K. The predecessor to the Spindrift, the Landfall 39 (same Ron Amy design) is generally known to not be as well built, but they've ranged from $39K to $100K, with the average around $65K.

I know of a couple cruising very comfortably on a Spindrift (I think they are in the San Blas Islands now), and met another couple that has cruised theirs extensively when I was in Antigua a year and a half ago. Their beautiful Spindrift (Formosa built) had survived a hurricane bashing on the beach. You couldn't pry their boat from them...

So where is this one you've found? Is it on Yachtworld? I want to see pictures so I can live vicariously through you. [/quote...Yea its listed in yachtworld in TX as a Spidrift 43. This boat will be cruised everywhere. Like Europe, Greece, Spain, Through the Canal and to the South Pacific. I will be retireing in 2 months from General Motors and hope my retirement will finance my endeavers (about 3K a month) First we will move aboard and take about 3 years to pay boat completely off while doing fiberglass work and wood work on boats freelance with a friend who does diesels and rigging. I should learn alot and have some fun and hope everything works out as planned, MY WIFE IS VERY EXCITED and ready to go, She is Smart, athletic, sexy, and wants to leave yesterday I will be 50 in Feb, and she is just turnind 46. We are real blessed which I will talk about later.

Last edited by john232; 01-04-2008 at 04:19 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook