SailNet Community - View Single Post - Islander 37MS owners
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008
Not A Real Member

Grumpymx is on a distinguished road
From what I have seen so far the I37MS is a steady motor sailor, with a solid hull, deck, and pilot house. Fantastic headroom, big cockpit, and it will sleep a crowd if needed. Great power plant layout, lots of room to work, a bit overpowered which I think does not hurt in a motor sailor.

Sails like a truck close hauled, but that was expected. Could always be the sailor not the boat ....

I didn't want a pure sailboat, I wanted a pilot house motor sailor that could sail pretty well. I am
very happy with the performance to $$ ratio of this old gal.

It has a fin keel, with a big spade rudder, rather exposed prop and shaft and seven non opening widows in the pilot house that are the size of large hatches.

nwr seems to have to record for climbing the tallest sea in his I37MS, and so probably knows best what they will handle when really pushed.

Is it a true blue water sail boat? Without getting to far into the "What is a blue water sailboat" thing, I would say NO. It is not a boat that I would circumnavigate with, but it is a great little coastal cruiser that can handle a bit of a blow without falling to pieces.

Last edited by Grumpymx; 01-11-2008 at 04:20 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook