SailNet Community - View Single Post - Lazy Jacks for the poor person.
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2008

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
One thing to note. When I had my 'improv' lazy jack installed, it worked ok for stock dacron sail I had on my Catalina. However, once I put on my fully battened X-10 Kevlar, the battens would catch onto the lazy jack lines (going up or down) and became a major source of contention for me as I typically sail solo (and the point of the lazy jack rig was so it would bide me time and not force me to have to leave the helm to deal with it). So, if devising - have a quick disconnect system so that you can get rid of the lazy jack lines from the boom (especially handy if raising the main)...

just my experience

S/V "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook