SailNet Community - View Single Post - Toronto Boat Show From the Eye's of the "AVERAGE GUY"
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008

jdair101 is on a distinguished road
Toronto Boat Show From the Eye's of the "AVERAGE GUY"

Did the boat show thing today and I can say I was not blown away. Stricky from the sailing side you could put it all in a tin can. The sail makers had booths the size of a storage shed and the hardware stuff was in a different area of the show completly.
THE BOATS
To start I have limited time in this sport so this is from a newbe point of view.
I did the whole look thing and only missed a couple boats and I would say for the AVERAGE GUY the 34' Beneteau caught my eye.
I think the AVERAGE GUY would have a hard time with the $250,000.00 and up price of the bigger boats and I would have a hard time thinking that it would be worth the up grade.
I guess the best part of that is the ABOVE AVERAGE GUY can afford them and want to get rid of there current AVERAGE boat that we can afford. All in all I was still not that impressed. (Again I'm new in this at just over a year)
The thing that made me laugh was the power boaters that were looking at the trailer sailers with the 75hp outboards thinking of making the change due to the price of fuel. I stood at one of them boats and listened to one man trying to get his wife to have a look. (But dear look it's only 20 grand and it has a trailer.)

Anyways I'll keep my C&C27 for another year and hope to hit the big one.

Jim D

Last edited by jdair101; 01-13-2008 at 10:44 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook