SailNet Community - View Single Post - Deliver my boat - Southport, NC to Solomons, MD
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008

gtod25 is on a distinguished road
Question Best of luck.....

"It’s unwise to pay too much, but it’s worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that is all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the job it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can’t be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and, if you do that, you will have enough to pay for something better." John Ruskin (1819-1900)

I am trying not to be rude, but for $150 for a captain and crew you will get;

a. Some burned out guys looking for beer money.

b. Some inexperienced persons trying to get some sea time.

Forgive me if my calculation are off but what distance are we talking about. My quick calculation makes it 350 to 400 miles on the outside. Obviously a little shorter on the ICW. I am sure the experts will correct me but a good captain should be able to push it is 4/5 days. Surely it makes more sense to pay a little more and avoid your " last disaster of a crew search"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by gtod25; 01-13-2008 at 11:56 PM.