SailNet Community - View Single Post - Deliver my boat - Southport, NC to Solomons, MD
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008

bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by brak View Post
Captain makes $15, crew works for free Or he can single-hand

Anyway, I see your point - but such is life. If I could pay $50/hr to those guys - I would. In fact, if I somehow end up getting a tax refund rather than owing Uncle Sam this year - I'll spend it on the most expensive captain, with a salty beard, a blue blazer, a parrot on his shoulder, smoking a pipe and all that, and cover his daily restaurant tab including a bunch of bloody maries or apple martinis - whatever he likes
As soon as the delivery contract is singed and the boat is handed over to the delivery "Capt" he is responsible 24/7. If he is at the bar and the boat sinks in the slip who are you going to point your finger at? Not your 'Capt." of course! One of my first rules was no alcohol was aboard or consumed until the boat was turned back over to the owner. A delivery is not an party cruise. The Carnival boats are made for that.

As for crew Payment. only fools and mules work for free.