SailNet Community - View Single Post - Toronto Boat Show From the Eye's of the "AVERAGE GUY"
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008

Dunlookn has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I did the boat show thing for years before I bought my boat. I looked and compaired...seldom bought.

This year I spent hours on sailnet, Hunter Owners, and a few other sites. From the people who used it, I found out what to buy.

A few minutes for each item on the internet and I got the recommended item for the best price. Each site I dealt with was professional and provided "real time" tracking.

I saved time, $$$, and gas.

On ONE occasion I went to Boater's World to look at binoculars. Three employees were too busy talking about video games to help me. The only binos with a compass they had were made in China and cost $ 15.00 more than the Bushnell ones I bought on-line.

A few days ago I learned (from the Hunter Owners group) that Dalys Sea Fin oil was originally used on Hunter interiors. Went on line and found out that West Marine carried it.

Called the local WM store. My girlfriend has to come by the store, pay or it in person, and they will order it from the warehouse. It will be in next week.

I can save the time and gas, order it on-line and it will be here Friday.

I found I can do the research on-line. Have people all over the world, in various environments, give me thier opinion and order on-line. All this without missing even one episode of Sponge Bob.

I may never waste my time with a boat show again.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook