SailNet Community - View Single Post - Toronto Boat Show From the Eye's of the "AVERAGE GUY"
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008

sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about
For us the boat shows are more of a social occasion. Its fun to get together with friends at the show.
I also used the show to decide what manufacturer I was going to persue.
Not that I would buy at the show, but to follow up on through Yacht World searches etc. I learned what I liked and didn't like about the different builders. Also, what best builder I thought would give me the best value and be in my price range for my subsequent searches.
Now, when we go, we very rarely ever spend anytime on board the boats.
I used to take time off of work and go on a day during Non-peak hours.
Not anymore. If you go on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon, plan on spending a lot of time in lines, if you are planning on actually looking at boats. (This applies to the shows that I attend, don't know about others.)

Another thing that has made them a little more interesting is to attend the seminars. Not that you learn anything, you might pick up a couple of tidbits, but they can be fun. My wife espesially likes them and she gets more out of them.

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most - E.B. White
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook