SailNet Community - View Single Post - Toronto Boat Show From the Eye's of the "AVERAGE GUY"
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008

scottbr is on a distinguished road
I was at the show on Saturday, wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be.
paid only $5 parking ( across at Ont. Place) and free tickets from the marina.

Didn't spend a lot of money on wanted "stuff", prices were ok, but I didn't think huge savings. Spent more time researching "stuff" to see what I would and wouldn't buy this spring.

I was suprised / not surpirsed at the price drop on the Hunters. With the CDN dollar being so strong they were able to get good deals on the new boats. Had to check them out of course, just to see what's changed this year and for some storage ideas to steal from the bigger boats.

Biggest "you've got to be kidding me" was the 20 yr. financing on the runabout Chriscrafts with the retro styling, with wood dash, teak? deck inlays etc.

Biggest " holy cow" was the twin 800 hp 41' cig. boat with a price tag of $650 k., impressive horsepower to say t he least.

Biggest ticket item was the Neptunus 62' $ 2.2M, although we didn't go on this time, we took a tour at the Ontario Place in water show last Sept. Impressive boat but not in my snack bracket.

Favorite of the show was the Hacker Craft, 28 ft. mahogany runabout, with three cockpits and seating for 10. Didn't ask the price, as I didn't want to shatter the illusion that I might be able to buy one someday.

Last edited by scottbr; 01-14-2008 at 08:26 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook