SailNet Community - View Single Post - Toronto Boat Show From the Eye's of the "AVERAGE GUY"
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008

scottbr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiital View Post
huh? Are you sure you went to the same boat show in Toronto as I did? There is NO WAY was it 50% power and 50% sail. More like 95% power and 4% sail and 1%(jet ski, or atv or snow mobile).

I went twice, since I got tickets from Catalina. I have to say the island packet by far was my fav, it was 370, that is one fine looking ship . That thing has more space then you can even think of what your going to use it for.

Well maybe it appeared that way to me since I was really only interested in looking at sail and not power. I walked in the main door and turned right towards the sailboats and gear. It seemed that the sail was on the right half and power on the left half. After touring the sail boats we headed to the back to check out some toys at the vendors in the back section and socialize with the people from our marina that we hadn't seen since Oct. We then headed over to the lake and back out into the main room. After checking out the 28ft. mahogany runabout, the $650 twin 800hp cig. boat and then the $2.2M Neptunus Yacht, I kinda glazed over and was ready for the exit. I really didn't cross the length of the main room to truly see the proportions.

I will stand down and yield to the majority.

Last edited by scottbr; 01-24-2008 at 07:03 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook