SailNet Community - View Single Post - houston liveaboard
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 01-24-2008 Thread Starter
houston liveaboard

Ok I posted on here a few month ago trying to figure out where to live, at that time I had a girlfriend that was an finishing school to be an R.N. and I am an industrial mechanic/electrician and the consensus seemed to be that the best place to live aboard and work for us was on the Chesapeake bay well now I am single. I guess I loved my boat more than her go figure. Houston has a ton of jobs in my field (live in saint Louis MO now yuck) I have looked at a lot of the marinas and called a few and there seems to be a lot that allow live boards but most have a min 30 well as a single guy on a budget a production 28 Catalina or hunter would be just fine for sailing and living for me so I guess the question is do most of these places really care if the boat is a 28 or a 30 or do they just want the money for the thirty foot slip? Also to foot of bow sprit would not be too hard to cobble on or maybe a davits do these count? I know the best way to find out is just call the marina but I have found the sometimes it is easer to ask forgiveness than permission.

Thanks all.
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome