SailNet Community - View Single Post - Fresh water pump question
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008

christyleigh is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopdeckpappy View Post
Right now I have a 3gpm PAR belt driven fresh water pump, I want to install a 4.5-5 gpm pump to reduce the pulsation and increase output from the showerhead, is there a side effect I should be aware of ??, all lines are in good shape
One thing that bit me in the wallet was my replacement of a struggling PAR belt driven pump was that I was un-aware of the Max PSI that my hot water heater pressure release valve was spec-ed for. I installed a Very High Pressure 51 PSI I think water pump last spring not knowing that my hot water heater said to only use up to 48 PSI. I didn't find that out until this fall reading up on my hot water heater to look at pressure valve replacement It worked fine for a while - although it was really too much pressure (splashing water in the sink) - then mid-summer the hot water heater pressure release valve started its own form of Hammering..... and I mean Hammering when the drain hose that was connected to it would jump around with the on and off release of pressure. Just last week I re- replaced it with a 40 PSI pump and I HOPE that when I reconnect the hot water heater in the spring that the relief valve will be happy
Probably a rare issue but it took me by surprize so it seemed worth mentioning
Wickford/Narragansett Bay RI
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook