SailNet Community - View Single Post - Living aboard? Where to start?
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2003

slimqs is on a distinguished road
Living aboard? Where to start?

Ok, I have noticed many topics like this with very little info about what the person actually wants so I will try to explain where I am comming from thouroughly. I have only sailed once haven''t learned much but LOVED it. My cousin lives aboard and I plan to do the same within 18 months. I am planning on living aboard with me (23yrs old) wife (26 years old) and mini dachshund. I have been thinking about 26 - 30 feet. Something very inexpensive and easy to handle. I was thinking of starting my voyage in Maine and going south to bahamas and spend a good length of time there. I would like to someday travel to england or hawii also. Would you need a much different type of boat to cross the ocean or would most cruising boats work for that too. I am also wondering how inexpensive it could be to do this. Under 30k for sailboat?? Also what would a cost per month be approx to live aboard without spending much money at all on eating out or at marinas?? Please let me know as much as you can. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook